Monday, March 14, 2011

WAY OF MIND


If sadness is a song
Then I am Japanese
And I sing along karaoke
To every given theme

If sorrow were a movie
I’d have reserved seats
My mood’s a season ticket
And it’s showing on repeat.

Were melancholy a food
I would definitely be obese
I seem to stuff myself with it
I have acquired quite a taste

When heartache becomes the weather
There would be no seasons for me
I would be stuck all year in winter
Staring at snowfall on trees

For restlessness to be a job
I’d already be a slave
Surely signed off my best years
And be stuck working myself away

My spirit is not down
It is the way it has become
Filled with draining emotion
And I’m graduating to numb

It is turning into fine wine
Getting better with age
It will remain a thing of beauty
If it ends before the page.

1 comment:

  1. I dedicate this post to the people of Japan. Only time heals all wounds, please be strong

    ReplyDelete